PRESENTATION OF BRITISH COUNCIL :
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Established in 1972, the British Council’s office in Qatar is among its one hundred worldwide offices.
We have experienced tremendous growth over the last three years across all areas of our work. Our work in English language teaching, examination services and teacher training projects have seen a step change in scale and quality.
Our projects with local partners which all include a focus on outreach and capacity building have reached broader audiences of young people.
KEY FIGURES OFBRITISH COUNCIL :
Foundation date : 1972
Effectifs :Plus de 100 employés
Products and services :4
ACTIVITIES OF BRITISH COUNCIL :
The British Council will continue to be recognised as the leading international educational and cultural relations organisation in Qatar, and will be the partner of choice in:
- English language teaching and learning, and the delivery of UK examinations
- international arts programmes, cultural management and the creative economy
- building higher education partnerships and research links with the UK
- internationalising the curriculum and approach to teaching and learning across education sectors
- developing exciting international youth initiatives.